Making sure that your loved ones are taken of care is always at the top of the list, especially if they are older. When the time comes that a parent, relative, or friend must move from their home to a place where they can be cared for because of their advanced age or declining health, there are a lot of tough decisions that must be made.
One of the decisions that we don’t want our customers to worry about is how grandma’s belongings are going to get from one place to another. We know that any type of transition can be difficult, which is why we try to make the process easy for the whole family by:
- Clearly outlining all aspects of the move to all family members involved
- Treating belongings as if they were our own
- Taking extra care with fragile items and family heirlooms
- Offering packing and unpacking services to take the burden off of caregivers
- Working directly with nursing homes and assisted living facilities, if necessary, to ensure a timely and seamless move
- Making sure the Senior is aware of movers’ names and what they look like before the move starts
- Listening to the Senior’s instructions on where items are to be placed and how they are to be handled
MVM Moving can assist families with all types of moves for Seniors, including moves to:
- Nursing homes
- Assisted living facilities
- The homes of their children or other relatives
We can also assist your loved one if they are downsizing, moving items in or out of storage, or simply need a large item moved from one room to another inside the home.